RCC Surface Pro is a carefully balanced, topically applied admixture designed specifically for Roller Compacted Concrete. RCC Surface Pro allows the concrete to be trowelled smooth, with enough cement paste to accept a traditional concrete broom finish. RCC Surface Pro can be colored to further enhance the appearance of the paving. [link to RCC SP Plus]
In addition to the enhanced aesthetics, RCC Surface Pro increases the performance and durability, extending the service life of the paved surface. Rigorous ASTM testing has proven increased surface freeze thaw durability in addition to chemical and abrasion resistance.
Consider RCC Surface Pro as value engineering for Roller Compacted Concrete; the functionality and cost effectiveness of Roller Compacted Concrete with the look of more expensive, cast in place concrete.
Features & Benefits:
RCC Surface Pro brings another dimension to Roller Compacted Concrete and increases the performance and durability.
- Develops cement paste for finishing
- Increase Abrasion Resistance
- Creates a denser, less permeable surface
- Closed, smooth or broom finished surface
Contact our technical department for more detailed information related to the independent testing.
- ASTM C 666 - Freeze Thaw
- ASTM C 779 - Abrasion
- ASTM C 672 - Salt Scaling
- AASHTO T 259 - Chloride Penetration
RCC Surface Pro TIS:
RCC Surface Pro SDS:
Illinois DOT Guide Specification Modified for Trowel and Broom Finish:
Guide Specification for Trowel and Broom Finishing:
ACPA Guide Specification Roller Compacted Paving:
Additional Documentation Links:
- Pre Bid Information
- Independent Test Results
- Nelson Testing Laboratories Results
- Illinois DOT Guide Specification for Roller Compacted Concrete Modified for Trowel & Broom Finish
- Guide Specification for Trowel and Broom Finishing Roller-Compacted Concrete
- ACPA Guide Specification for Roller-Compacted Concrete Pavements as Exposed Wearing Surface